While everyone is looking for things to do at home, coloring is a great way to pass the time and lessen anxiety. Sit in a comfy chair by a window or even outside if the weather is nice and enjoy the fresh air.
We have created a free download of a hand drawn mandala that you can print out. To get the free .pdf download click here.
If you want to draw your own mandala, I have come up with some tips to make it fun. You can use office paper or card stock...any paper thickness will work.
- Trim an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper to 8.5" so that you have a square page (8.5" x 8.5")
- (If you have A4 sheet, trim to 210 mm so you have 210 mm x 210 mm)
- Measure the center of the page and draw a line using a pencil (at 4.25" for letter size).
- Turn the paper and measure the center again and draw another line
- Now you have a cross in the center.
- Draw a circle whatever size you wish.
- Use a pencil to draw, then use a black marker over the pencil lines.
- Alternate various arcs, swirls, fancy parenthesis like this }, dots, etc.
- Once finished, you can color in your mandala with pencils or markers.
Optionally, you can stamp a design in the center to get a perfect start, such as our Quilt Flower Motif stamp. Or use any stamp design that is symmetrical. This helps you to create an un-skewed mandala on your page.
The Quilt Flower Motif stamp works beautifully because you can draw connecting lines on the points. A mandala is about how ornamental and connectivity of the circle. There is a reason it is used in art therapy.
No special tools are required to start drawing mandalas. If you have ever doodled in school or a company meeting, you can do this. Once you draw one, you can then color it in using pencils or markers. Ahhh....let the relaxing begin :-)